1/2 cup raw oats
5.3 ounces vanilla Siggi’s yogurt (or other Greek)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Renew Life fiber powder
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
In a bowl, combine the oats, yogurt, milk, fiber powder , and walnuts. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. Sprinkle berries on top and enjoy!
Per serving: 183 calories, 12.4 g protein, 4.5 g fiber
New trendy weight loss bread! Low carb, gluten free and tasty. We swapped out traditional cream cheese in favor of ricotta or cottage cheese for a protein packed flavor punch! With 6 simple Ingredients, this soft, airy bread can be prepared from start to finish in under 30 minutes.
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar*
2 ounces low fat cottage cheese or part skim ricotta
1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
For an antioxidant boost, use cinnamon instead of herbs for a sweet touch.
* You can find cream of tartar in most grocery stores or Walmart.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. If possible,
set oven to convection bake to speed up baking time.
2. Separate the egg whites and the yolks. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and with a hand or stand mixer, beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks.
3. Place the cheese in a seperate bowl. Add the egg yolks and beat in one at a time. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is nice and smooth. Then beat in the herb seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
4. Gently (very gently!) fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4 inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Leave a little space around each circle.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, and check on bread. The bread should be golden on the outside and firm. The center should not jiggle when shaken. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes if needed. Cool for several minutes and serve!
Cloud bread can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
Toppings: hummus, natural peanut butter, tuna fish, egg salad, beans and grated cheese, mashed avocado, diced berries with balsamic vinegar
Per piece: 35 calories, 3.3 grams protein, 0 g carbs
This recipe is adapted and modified from www.aspicyperspetice.com
Here’s a 5 minute recipe to eat clean, go green, and amp up your protein & fiber intake!
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp mayonnaise (made from canola or olive oil)
1 Tbsp oil: flaxseed oil, grapeseed oil, extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2-3 cups baby spinach
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 boiled egg, sliced
4 tablespoons dry roasted edamame (Seapoint farms)
1. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, oil, and mustard.
2. Toss the spinach with the dressing.
3. Mix in the quinoa, egg, and sprinkle with edamame. Can add shredded carrots and/or grated cheese on top
Makes 2 servings. Per 1.5 cup serving: 285 calories, 14 g protein, 8 g fiber!
Courtesy of Baritrack (www.baritrackapp.com/bari-recipes)
¼ cup oats
½ banana, mashed
1 egg white
1 tbsp almond milk
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 scoop Baritrack vanilla protein powder
Using a fork, combine all ingredients into a paste, adding milk as necessary to get desired consistency. Cool non stick pan with cooking spray, pour batter and heat for 2 minutes per side or until cooked.
Each pancake= 16 g protein, 3 g fiber, 155 calories
The traditional burger melt gets a makeover with a creamy ricotta cheese blend. Trust us, you won’t be missing the bun! You can substitute ground chicken or ground sirloin, if you prefer.
¼ cup part skim ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound 90- 93% lean ground turkey breast
1 large egg
4 1-ounce slices sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 8 halves
8 dark green lettuce leaves
8 slices of avocado (1 small avocado)
Choice of topping: Dijon mustard, hummus, refried beans, salsa
1. Combine ricotta cheese and next 4 ingredients (through egg). Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal parts (each slider should weigh 2 ounces), shaping each into a ½ inch thick patty.
2. Coat pan or grill with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6-7 minutes per side, until turkey is cooked through. Top each patty with ½ slice of cheese and avocado slice.
3. Wrap each slider in a lettuce leaf and serve with one of the toppings above.
Makes 8 sliders
180 calories, 17 g protein per slider